Current release: DXGL 0.5.13 (Build 798)
DXGL is a free replacement for the Windows ddraw.dll library, running on OpenGL. It is designed to overcome driver bugs, particularly in Windows Vista and newer operating systems. It also adds various enhancements to the graphics output such as display scaling and filtering options. DXGL supports the DirectX 7.0 graphics APIs, however it is currently under development and does not work with many programs.
DXGL is currently in an alpha stage, but several applications and games already work.
- Windows XP (with SP3), Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, or 10
- Also compatible with most versions of Wine, by setting the ddraw DLL override to “native, builtin”
- Not compatible with Windows 10 S.
- OpenGL 2.0 or higher compatible video card
- Requires support for Framebuffer objects
- Requires support for hardware accelerated non-power-of-two textures
- OpenGL 3.2 or higher recommended.
- Visual C++ 2010 x86 runtime, available at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328 (will be installed if not present)
At this time, this website is under reconstruction and there may be some missing pages. The old version of the website is available at https://www.dxgl.info/wiki.